If for any reason the location you are trying to input doesn’t appear, there are a few situations that could be happening.
Important: Tagged places are to be used for recommendations, DON'T tag the destination or city.
- Misspelled Location: Make sure the name of the location is spelled correctly. Try typing the title a few different ways, perhaps it wasn’t spelled as you thought it was and will appear if you spell it differently.
- Unrecognizable Location: If the location is not found in Arrivedo’s search database, you can add the location manually by clicking the button appearing saying “Not found. Click to Add.”
- In order to locate the necessary information, type the destination name into Google Maps. Here you will find all the info you need including the address, latitude, longitude, city, locality, state, etc.
- To gather the latitude and longitude for a location, right-click the red icon of the location on Google Maps and click “What’s here?”
- After clicking “What’s here?” you will see a little box with two long numbers appear at the bottom of the map. The first number is the latitude (42.896260) and the second is the longitude (140.702730) of your destination.
- Click the blue, highlighted numbers from the screen above. From there you’ll be able to copy and paste the latitude and longitude info into the “Add Place” page into the Arrivedo editor.
- As seen in the image below, copy and paste the smaller pair of numbers (42.896260, 140.702730).
- Once you’ve input all the necessary information into the “Add Place” page, you should have a screen looking something like the following:
- Click “Add” at the bottom of your screen. From there you will see the location pinned within your article in the same position of which you found it on Google Maps.