Nature of Relationship
- Arrivedo Writers are independent freelancers that collaborate with Arrivedo in bringing more hotels and travel brands into the platform and creating their Neighborhood or Destination Guides.
- Writers are therefore hired by hotels or travel brands to write their guides.
Writer Outreach and Payment for Hotels and Travel Brands
- Arrivedo will supply resources, tools, and assistance to help writers outreach to existing hotel/travel brand relationships or new ones.
- The Arrivedo Writer should negotiate with the hotel or travel brand a fee payment (or free accommodation) in exchange for creating their guide. Arrivedo's suggested fee is $100-400 USD. However, you are free to ask for the figure you consider appropriate. An alternative is asking for free accommodation, normally for a 3-night stay.
- The payment method should be arranged with the hotel or travel brand beforehand.
- Arrivedo's Manager is available to assist you in your outreach to hotels or travel brands. Contact:
- Deborah Mendez - firstname.lastname@example.org
Arrivedo Matching Writer with Hotels and Travel Brands
- The Arrivedo B2B Team will continue outreaching to hotels and travel brands to connect them with writers.
- When Arrivedo matches a writer with a hotel or travel brand brought by Arrivedo’s team, a fee will be arranged with the hotel or travel brand.
- The creation of the guide should be on the expected delivery time (10 days after the interview). Penalties apply for work not being delivered on time.
Hotel or Travel Brand Interview
- The goal of the interview is to seek out the best local experiences. In a sense, you're a journalist interviewing travel brand staff to collect the best of their local knowledge so that it can be shared with travelers.
- Arrivedo expects that you complete a thorough interview in 45 minutes to 1 hour with a hotel or travel brand staff member (manager, owner, front desk staff, or a combination of these) following our guidelines to collect content to write the hotel/travel brand guide. This interview can be waived/shortened if the hotel/travel brand provides all the information in documents or via any other means.
- Our guidelines include obtaining recommendations of places and local experiences like restaurants, nightlife, things to do, shopping, useful information, routes, tours, day trips, adventure, in addition to anything else the hotel would like to recommend.
Delivery of Work
- The guide is to be delivered with 8-10 published articles that meet Arrivedo's content requirements (see below for more information).
- The articles are made in our platform using our editor. Each article needs to include a featured tag, a short title (50 characters max), a header (3-4 lines), 3-6 places tagged along with the map, text/content and a photo for each place.
- The writer also has to tag contributors for each article. In particular, including the hotel/travel brand staff that provided the recommendations.
- The Neighborhood or Destination Guide should include all the recommendations the client shared with the writer. If the writer wants to add their own recommendations, the client should approve them first.
- Regarding format, we have two types of articles:
- (1) List-type articles, which include the list of places tagged in the map each with a paragraph of text and a photo. Example: Parks and Outdoor Activities in Montevideo - Esplendor Hotel Boutique.
- (2) Route-type articles, which include more of a narrated-style text with places tagged on the map included in the text. Example: Half Day Route by the Ocean in Miraflores - Hostal Torreblanca in Lima.
Expected Timeline for Delivery & Editing Process
- The first draft of a Neighborhood or Destination Guide should be completed a maximum of 10 days after the interview.
- For sponsored/incentive guides, a $10 per day penalty will apply for late work. Example: If the interview was done on June 15th, the last day to deliver the NG on time is June 25th. If delivered on June 26th, a $10 reduction will be applied for each day exceeding 10 days.
- In order to receive their payment from Arrivedo, writers must complete all of the Neighborhood Guide content guidelines.
- The delivery date is considered once you notify our Program Manager, Deborah Mendez (either through Slack or to email@example.com) that you’ve completed all the articles and the NG is ready for her review.
- After receiving feedback, you make the appropriate edits and we share it with the hotel once it’s in final form. If the hotel has additional feedback for the NG, then the writer makes the final edits.
- Arrivedo has the right to reassign Neighborhood Guides after 10 days if the writer does not answer Slack or email messages and the guide is incomplete.
To read the Arrivedo Terms & Conditions in full, click here.